1. Members of FoSL have a conflict of interest if they have any personal, close family or business interest in any matter being discussed at the committee or general or annual general meeting
2. A member with a conflict of interest is required to declare this at the start of any discussion on the matter concerned.
3. Whenever a conflict of interest is declared the member concerned may not vote on the issue.
4. Whenever a conflict of interest is declared the member concerned may be required to absent him/herself from the ensuing discussion. This will be at the discretion of the chair except in the event of the conflict of interest being declared by the chair him/herself in which case it will be decided by majority vote of other members present.
5. At least once a year at the first committee meeting following each Annual General Meeting all committee members will be informed or reminded of this Conflict of Interest policy.